Cleaning your carpet effectively requires you to have the right tool, such as a carpet cleaner that removes dirt and dust from your carpet. A carpet cleaner is a tool that uses powerful brush heads and a combination of cleaning solutions to deep clean your carpet.
If most of your home is carpeted, the best tool is a carpet cleaner because it not only picks up dust and dirt, but also shampoos and dries the carpet because it has drying systems and water tanks built into it.
Some of the best carpet cleaners are manufactured by the Hoover and Bissell brands. The Hoover brand is popular because it is credited with the invention of the first upright vacuums. Since then, it has manufactured improved new models of vacuums.
The Bissell brand is also a vacuum manufacturer with a wide range of models it has created since its first product in the 19th century. However, both brands are also known for producing top-notch carpet cleaners and the best of each has been reviewed.
For the Hoover brand, the product is the Hoover FH68002 Power Scrub carpet cleaner and for the Bissell brand, the product is Bissell ProHeat 2X Pet Pro 3588F carpet cleaner. Continue perusing to find out our top pick. We hope that our top pick will interest you.
Hoover vs Bissell Carpet Cleaner Comparison Table
|FEATURES||Hoover FH68002 Power Scrub Carpet Cleaner||Bissell ProHeat 2X Pet Pro 3588F Carpet Cleaner|
|TYPE||Upright carpet cleaner.||Upright carpet cleaner.|
|MOTOR POWER||10 amp.||12 amp.|
|TANK SYTEM||One gallon dual tank system.||One gallon single tank system with Heatwave technology.|
|BRUDH SYSTEM||SpinScrub.||12-row dual dirt lifter power brush.|
|CLEANING PATH WIDTH||11.25” inches wide.||11″ inches wide.|
|WEIGHT||18 pounds.||17.5 pounds.|
|WARRANTY||Two years warranty.||Five-year limited warranty.|
Our best pick in this comparison is the Hoover Power Scrub FH68002 because it is a top contender when it comes to top-notch carpet cleaners on the market.
The features that make the carpet cleaning machine unique are listed below:
1. The Hoover carpet cleaner only weighs 18.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver and to use daily.
2. The power scrub consists of separate compartments, one for water and the other for the solution.
The separate tanks for detergent allow the carpet cleaner to mix the right amount of solution to clean water.
3. The Hoover carpet cleaner has an auto rinse feature, eliminating the need for you to refill the tanks with clean water. Once the rinse feature has been selected, the valve that contains the solution is blocked, causing it to dispense only clean water.
4. The suction power is amazing and works well with the cleaner’s Dual V Nozzle. The nozzle evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction. It employs heated air to assist with the process of drying and extracts excess water to speed evaporation.
5. The maintenance of the cleaner is simple and easy because it has nozzles and brushes that can be easily removed and cleaned.
Hoover vs Bissell Carpet Cleaner Reddit
1. Hoover Power Scrub FH68002 (Best Pick)
The Hoover power scrub is a top-rated machine when it comes to cleaning your carpet.
It is more than just a carpet cleaning tool for pets because it is designed for larger homes and is packed with great features.
The cleaner has a 1.25-gallon dual tank technology that enables you to clean large areas without refilling or emptying the tanks midway.
The extra-large tank also saves you time since it automatically mixes the detergents, eliminating any chances of mistakes.
The Hoover carpet cleaner has a wide cleaning path of twelve inches. The feature saves time, especially when you apply the quick cleaning mode because the carpet will dry quickly and will be ready for use within 45 minutes.
At 18.5 pounds, the cleaner is not heavy and you can maneuver it with ease due to the various handles that are easy to reach.
The carpet cleaner has a multiple SpinScrub brush system that gives your carpet a deep gentle clean. Its 360-degree brushes are powerful enough to remove the toughest dirt from your carpet.
It has two cleaning modes. One is the heat force mode for fast drying and the other is the quick cleaning mode. The quick clean and heat force modes can be combined to provide your carpet with a thorough cleaning without having to soak the carpet for hours.
The carpet cleaner comes with attachments suitable for tackling pet stains and urine odors on the carpet. The two-in-one antimicrobial pet tool can be fixed to the hose to clean areas that are hard to reach.
The pet tool has two cleaning modes. The rubber base is for stain removal and the bristle brush is for extra scrubbing power.
Another attachment is a bottle of pet cleaning solution formulated to effectively clean your carpet and deal with pet odors and stains. Other tools include hand, stair, crevice, and upholstery tools.
- Brand: Hoover.
- Design: power scrub.
- Surface: carpet.
- Source of power: corded electric.
- Weight: 18.5 pounds.
- Large capacity tank.
- The tank system separates clean and dirty water.
- Lightweight design.
- Easy maneuverability.
- Automatic mixing of detergents.
- The small size of the carpet cleaner means it requires frequent filling and emptying.
- It is not suitable for hard floors or upholstery.
2. Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution, 3588F
The Bissell carpet cleaner is a revolution in pet cleaning tech since it can even remove skunk odor. There is no pet odor or stain that can withstand the cleaner’s maximum cleaning mode.
You can also switch between the express mode for quick clean-up, the vacuum mode for picking up dust, dirt, and debris, or the deep-clean mode for removing stubborn stains.
The brush roll system is a powerful combination of twelve rows of dual-lifter power brushes. The brushes remove pet messes, tough stains, and pet urine easily.
The Bissell carpet cleaner also has heatwave technology that works together with the brushes to get rid of stains and dirt.
However, if there is dirt that requires more cleaning power, utilize the clean shot since it provides a preheated burst of cleaning solution that is concentrated.
The Bissell carpet cleaner has a fast drying time, which can be as little as 30 minutes on express mode. It is a lightweight design weighing 17.5 pounds and the machine is engineered for stairs, rugs, carpets, and upholstery.
The Bissell carpet cleaner consists of a targeted spray nozzle for stains.
The tool is easy to use since it works by just pressing a pedal. It has a one-gallon single water tank technology for clean and dirty water separated by a waterproof diaphragm.
The Bissell carpet cleaner comes with a three-inch pet tool that effortlessly removes stains, pet hair, and odors from upholstery through the wet and dry mode.
Others include a stain-trapping tool, stair tool, and a pre-treatment tool that pre-heats stains with extra cleaning solution before removing them.
A brush roll cover that prevents hair entanglements while enabling it to roll well. An 8 0Z bottle formula for eliminating urine and an 8 OZ bottle for antibacterial pet formula.
- Brand: Bissell.
- Surface: carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
- Weight: 17.5 pounds.
- Superior upholstery tool.
- Wide cleaning path.
- Long power cord.
- Tough stains attachments.
- Removable brush roll cover.
- The water tank leaks at times.
- No onboard tool storage space.
Differences: Hoover vs Bissell Carpet Cleaner
The Hoover and Bissell brands both offer a range of carpet cleaner models which include portable, upright, and canister carpet cleaners.
The range of hoover carpet cleaners is smaller because the brand only has upright carpet cleaners. By contrast, the Bissell brand has a wide variety of carpet cleaner models.
The Bissell carpet cleaners include options such as “lift-off”, which is a two-in-one machine consisting of an upright carpet cleaner and a spot cleaner for upholstery, auto interiors, stairs, and other areas that cannot be reached easily.
Other options comprise the “Deluxe”, “Pet”, and “Premium” options, each with slight variations in attachments and features.
1. Cleaning power
2. Motor power
3. Brush system
4. Tank system
6. Pros and cons
Comparison: Hoover vs Bissell
1. Cleaning power: The purpose of purchasing a carpet cleaner is its excellent cleaning power to handle your cleaning needs. The Hoover carpet cleaner has a higher suction power of 10 amps, enabling quick cleaning when sucking dirt and dirty water.
The suction enables your carpet to dry faster. The Bissell carpet cleaner, on the other hand, has heatwave technology that assists in maintaining constant water temperature during cleaning. Hot water is effective in cleaning stains.
Winner: both the Hoover Power Scrub FH68002 and Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution, 3588F fair equally when it comes to cleaning power.
2. Motor power: The motor power of a carpet cleaner is what sets it apart from other carpet cleaners.
The Hoover carpet cleaner has a powerful motor that delivers power-packed performance, enabling it to have an edge when it comes to the machine’s suction power.
The Bissell carpet cleaner has a lower motor power, causing it to have a suction power that is slightly lower.
Winner: Hoover Power Scrub FH68002.
3. Brush system: The Hoover carpet cleaner has a SpinScrub brush system that counter-rotates to clean the meticulous threads of the carpet.
The Bissell carpet cleaner consists of a dual dirt lift power brush technology made up of twelve rows. The brush agitates dirt particles while scrubbing stains.
Winner: Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution, 3588F.
4. Tank system: The tank system that is fitted into a carpet cleaner is an essential consideration.
The Hoover carpet cleaner has a one-gallon double tank system that separates dirty water from clean water, keeping them in two separate tanks. The dirty water can be thrown out without removing the tank.
The Bissell carpet cleaner has a single tank system and the clean and dirty water is separated by a waterproof diaphragm. The tank has to be removed for the dirty water to be thrown out.
Winner: Hoover Power Scrub FH68002.
5. Price: The Hoover carpet cleaner costs a little over $300, which is on the higher side but still within the affordable range for a quality carpet cleaner with excellent features and cleaning capability.
The Bissell carpet cleaner, on the other hand, is priced at a little under $200, which is which is quite an affordable price range. The prices of the carpet cleaners are listed according to Amazon and are subject to change.
Winner: Hoover Power Scrub FH68002.
6. Pros and cons: The pros of the Hoover carpet cleaner are that it has a double tank system that separates clean and dirty water. It is a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver and there is automatic mixing of detergents.
The cons are that the small size of the carpet cleaner means it will take more time to clean a room and will require frequent filling and emptying. The cleaner is not suitable for hard floors or upholstery.
The pros of the Bissell carpet cleaner are that it has a superior upholstery tool, a wide cleaning path, a long power cord, tough stain attachments, and a removable brush roll cover.
The cons of the Bissell carpet cleaner are that the water tank leaks at times, the cleaner has an average drying time, it is inexpensive, and it will stop working after a few months of heavy use.